BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Final A2 Music Video 'Teenage Dream' by Crystal Rox

Final Digipak Cover

Final Advertisement

Monday 7 February 2011

Album Title

Whilst researching for possible album titles, I tried to find quotes from my favourite songs such as Circles by All Time Low,
www.bandnamegenerator.com and www.ratemyband.com/Band-Name-Generator. There were three that I particularly liked. The three were:
-'Recipe for Disaster': (top) As I can imagine the artist being rebellious because of the lyrics to Teenage Dream 'built a fort out of sheets', bearing in mind that our artist is a teenager, the song would be controversial which is supported by the album title. This quote is in one of my favourite song Circles by All Time Low (print screen on top) so I am worried about copyright. I am worried that the album title will be contrasting the genre conventions too much for example, Lady GaGa- The Fame, Katy Perry- Teenage Dream, The Saturdays- Chasing Lights. But after further research I saw that very mainstream female pop singers try to rebel against the pop genre such as Rihanna- Good Girl Gone Bad, Katy Perry- One of the Boys and Madonna- Erotica.
-'Seeking Cosmo': (top) I found this name on a band name generator website, I feel that would suit an album title in the pop genre and the personality shown through our music video. I can imagine this album title on the album cover that I want to create, either confetti raining down in the background and a close up shot of the artist or a close up shot of the artists face with glitter splattered on her face.
-'Eternal Spark': I think this name is glamorous and it could portray Crystal Rox as an artist, as she is new to pop music so she is a spark. It also represents that the artist will be in the pop industry for a long time ('eternal').
After discussing the three different album titles with my friend on facebook she said that she preferred 'Seeking Cosmo' as it sounded unique. I will ask more people which title they prefer and which name appeals to them.

0 comments: