BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Final A2 Music Video 'Teenage Dream' by Crystal Rox

Final Digipak Cover

Final Advertisement

Sunday 14 November 2010

Katy Perry- Firework

In Enfield Town Park on Saturday 5th November our group went to film the firework display and the fun fair because in our music video one of our locations is at Brighton Pier on the rides. I think we should use some clips of the fireworks although I think for our video the fireworks going of should be reversed. We decided to edit our footage from the event to the new Katy Perry single Firework as I felt it was fitting and we could use a lot of different shots because of the fast pace song. This is our edited version of Katy Perry- Firework.

When editing the clips to the song I had many difficulties for instance I did not know how to import the song on to iMovie, so I used an external microphone and recorded many drafts of song I learnt that the room has to be very quiet as the lowest of noise could ruin the recording and I then used the clip trimmer on iMovie. Later on I found out from class mates that I could download the song from YouTube and import it on iMovie, I know that now when editing our music video we should download it from YouTube however I am worried about copyright issues as it may be illegal.
One of my favourite scenes in the video is a hand held shot of the back of Emily walking and a tilt up of the slide, we want to include a shot like this in our music video and I think we should include it in a slow tempo part of the song as it creates a tranquil and mysterious atmosphere.
In the first edited draft I did not use a different clip of each main beat but in this version I tried using a variety of clips with each beat. I wanted to conform some clips with the lyrics for example, "Baby you're a firework" I used a clip of a firework, I also wanted some clips to match the beat which is shown in the lyric "Boom" a clip of a bumber car driving in to another car is used.
I learnt most from the editing was the amount of time that editing takes as it took four hours to edit 1 minute and 4 seconds this was due to the variety of shots, trying to find shots that fit together and making the shot fit with the music. I under rated the amount of editing and time that needs to be dedicated to creating a music video as every beat needs to have a different shot to add interest in the video.
From this experience I want to continue creating mini music video of extra footage to songs which I feel suit the 'mood' of the clips, so will help my editing on the beat skills and it will improve my listening skills to recognise the beat.

0 comments: